Second Harvest Foodbank exists to end hunger in southwestern Wisconsin. We are looking for passionate, community-focused individuals whose voices and lived experience can help us elevate our vision by providing access and removing barriers for those who we support.
Second Harvest Foodbank is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. Second Harvest encourages applications from all qualified applicants, and we make every effort to ensure that our recruitment and employment provide opportunity for employment in all positions.
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. We will review your application and respond to applicants that best match the qualifications for the position. Second Harvest is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for those who require them.
If you are a qualified individual and need assistance applying online, please email HR@SecondHarvestSW.org.
Our Application Process
We are committed to equity and inclusion in our hiring process. We know that inclusion is the foundation upon which we must build to achieve a workplace in which each employee experiences belonging.
- Open positions are posted on this page, Indeed, and a variety of other job boards, as well as sent to the Dane County Office for Equity & Inclusion. Job postings reflect the description, pay range, and application deadline.
- Once the position closes, the HR Department will assess candidate qualifications, then score qualified candidates based on criteria agreed-upon by HR and the hiring manager. The scores will be utilized to select candidates to be interviewed. The selected candidates will be contacted by the HR Department for interviews, which may be conducted in person or remotely based on the role.
- Most positions will have two rounds of interviews, using the first round to narrow the field of candidates to our finalists. A scoring rubric is used to rate question answers to ensure the highest level of consistency and equity in the process.
- Once interviews have concluded, the interview panel will discuss candidates and make decisions/offers based on interview performance and experience. Any candidates who are not selected are then communicated with by the HR Department.
Benefits We Offer
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families. We are committed to providing our employees the opportunity to be the best version of themselves, both inside and outside of work.
- Health Insurance (we pay 90% of the premium)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off starting at 23 Days per year
- 13 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 5% match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Section 125/Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid Family Leave
- Transition Pay
For a complete benefit list, please refer to this document.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are central to our mission.
As an organization that spans 16 counties and partners with over 300 food providers, we continue to grow our understanding and shift our actions to be more equitable, center diversity and community voice, and embrace inclusion. We are working towards becoming better listeners, learners, and collaborators.
“My favorite part about working at Second Harvest is all of the people I get to work with and being a part of something that has a real impact on my community.”
“I’m so inspired by the passion and dedication I see in people who work so hard to feed the community. I love being surrounded by creative people, both my amazing co workers and the people who work at our partner agencies, who go out of their way to make sure no one is hungry.”
“I love being a part of a team that is so supportive of eachother as well as our communities!”
The work we do here at Second Harvest motivates and inspires me everyday to work hard. The connection to the community brings me great positive energy to be able to stay consistant and intentional with our work. The team around me has the same passion, which helps push our goals forward together.
Interested in learning more about our directors and executives team?
Total Rewards Philosophy & Strategy
We value our employees and recognize that investing in our team is an investment in our mission. For this reason, our total compensation program aims to unite our organization’s purpose, values, and objectives with internal equity and external market influences to adequately reward, recognize, and develop our employees. We believe this can ultimately contribute to a community where everyone – including our team members – thrives.
How We Work Together
To better understand our expectations for behaviors in the workplace, a handful of our teammates from a variety of departments developed the How We Work Together document. This helps guide difficult conversations, new ideas, and even day-to-day interactions.